We believe a physically literate child is a competent, confident and healthy mover. Physical literacy builds motivation, confidence, physical competence and an understanding of movement. Thus, it provides our children with the strong foundations needed to sustain a lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Our children benefit from a broad and balanced Physical Education (PE) programme carefully designed to inspire learners to:
- become physically literate and confident in a way which supports their health and fitness
- be physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities that build character and help to embed values
- succeed and excel in physical activities and sport
- discover skills, abilities and preferences, and make choices about how to get involved lifelong physical activity
Physical Literacy is reinforced through daily active playtimes and our extensive extra-curricular and competitive school sport programme.